Whether you are:
- considering scheduling an abortion at a facility,
- already have an abortion scheduled, or
- have ordered the abortion pills by mail,
we are here for you to talk through all of your options and answer any questions you may have about:
- the abortion procedure,
- your current stage of your pregnancy,
- side effects, or
- any other questions you may have.
All of our services are free and confidential, as we want you to focus on your care and not how you’re going to pay for it.
Chances are you have a plan in-place for what to do if things go wrong after; however, being prepared before is just as important.
Why is a pre-abortion screening important?
Due Date Accuracy
Up to 50% of women are off about their dates. (Source: Evidence Based Birth). Understanding how far along in the pregnancy you are is an important part of the decision-making process. At Anchor of Hope, we offer free and confidential ultrasounds, which, is more accurate than last missed period when determining the stage of the pregnancy. (Source: National Library of Medicine)
1 in 50 pregnancies can be ectopic– outside the uterus (Source: Healthline Learn more about ectopic pregnancies here as well.)
Educate & Empower
An abortion is a big decision and having all of the information empowers you. You need time to review all info and make an informed decision.
As many as 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage; however, the number is most likely higher because most miscarriages occur early in the pregnancy. (Source: Mayo Clinic)
At-home abortion is not without risks. Many websites and sources will tell you it’s safe. In fact, one site has even said it’s as safe as Tylenol. The FDA strongly advises against buying Mifeprex online. (Source: FDA – scroll down to the red box to see their warning.)
What you choose to do with your pregnancy can affect the rest of your life. Parenting is costly. So is abortion.
We provide care no matter what. We are here for you no matter what.
What to expect at your appointment:
- time to talk with a trained advocate or staff member
- free consult with a licensed medical professional
- time to ask your questions in person with a caring provider
- evidence-based information about all your options
- verification of your pregnancy
- ultrasound at no cost for those who qualify