Fact: Half of all sexually active young people will get an STD before the age of 25, and most won’t know it!
The only way to truly know if you have an STD or STI is to get tested, which is why Anchor of Hope offers free, confidential and professional STD/STI tests. Unfortunately, there are a lot of myths out there when it comes to sexual health. Myths like:
- Myth 1: You can tell if someone has an STD by looking.
- Myth 2: I don’t have symptoms, so I don’t need to be tested.
- Myth 3: I have only had one partner, so I don’t need to get tested.
- Myth 4: If I needed to be tested, my doctor would automatically test me.
Here’s the truth:
The CDC reports that cases of gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis are at an all-time high, and if left untreated they can lead to:
- Increased risk of giving or getting HIV
- Long-term pelvic or abdominal pain
- Inability to get pregnant or pregnancy complications or male sterility
At Anchor of Hope, we care about your health, and while Sexual Health Awareness Month is coming to an end, your commitment to your own sexual health is not.
If you are sexually active, don’t wait to get tested. Contact us today!